Sunday, September 13, 2009

Black Pants Purple Shirt

Small world

Until then, it's a normal day. Then there is 13h when a group of people arrived at the hotel to register and get the keys to their rooms. One client
m'étudie carefully, then wonder
"Do not I'd seen him somewhere?"
thoughtfully, I reply that it is possible but remember the head this gentleman.
He continues to search the depths of his memory and say to myself
"it must be in Europe ... probably in France in Carcassonne ... ... No, not in Carcassonne, but rather in Toulouse!"
Suddenly, a flash memory returns to me. I remember once having allowed this customer with his wife in the residential hotel where I worked last year. I instantly recalled the conversation with the couple exchanged New Zealand, I had told them my travel plans in their beautiful country and asked them where they were! We all exclaim
Both:
"Yes, we met at Citéa!"
and I continue:
"You were with your wife and you're in the bay of ..."
"Bay of Plenty" he replied!

What chance, what a coincidence! This gentleman, who probably travel more than me, remembers the receptionist at the hotel where he stayed during a trip to Toulouse 14 months ago! Never would I recognized this gentleman! Guests file past my desk, asking me the same questions and they all look a bit! Some of my mark and leave vivid memories, snatches of about print sometimes, but mostly, their faces fade!
This special time of the day though rather trivial a priori completely filled me with joy! Someone at the other end of the world still remembers the reception I gave him long before and recognizes me when I meet him in a totally different environment!
With this anecdote, I realize that a single receptionist, ephemeral character in the life of any person in transit, can create a unique and lasting impression!
What a small world and that the encounter with others is rich!

0 comments:

Post a Comment